Launched back in 2012 by UK company Sparkol, VideoScribe is developed in Adobe Flash and produces QuickTime movies and Flash videos.
People believe that it requires a lot of talent to create animation. They’d be right, but everyone starts somewhere, right? VideoScribe is the perfect software for beginners to wet their feet in the explainer video field.
Features at a glance
- A variety of default images and shapes and the option to import your very own pictures and shapes, if desired.
- Unlimited online storage.
- The screen can be organized any way you like, based on your preference and output choice.
- High-def and high-quality animation made it easy for beginners and experienced animators alike.
- There is a variety of fonts and styles of animation to choose from.
- A simple user interface that helps to identify and place your doodles in your animation.
VideoScribe is available on both your iPad and your desktop. The desktop version offers a 7-day free trial.
According to customer reviews, one aspect of VideoScribe that many have reported as needing to be corrected is the processing speed. Converting an animation to a video file, typically an MP4 file is slow and could do with an upgrade.