This post contains affiliate links. As a partner with Amazon and various brands, I am compensated when qualifying purchases are made through my referral links.
Youtube is a popular choice for creators. If you want to learn how to be a YouTuber and grow to become a monetized channel, you can start today.
A Free Chrome Extension
If you are willing to make yourself a little vulnerable, youtube can bring massive rewards. For bloggers, youtube has proven to be a great way to increase brand awareness, generate traffic to your blog, products, and services, and to make money through methods such as monetization.
This guide will show you how to build, grow, and monetize a Youtube Channel.
Becoming a Youtuber
Hi. I’m Lori Ballen.
I’ve been blogging since AOL first said ‘You’ve Got Mail’. While the blog platforms and processes have changed over the years, the fact that blogging can be a huge benefit to a business is as true as ever.
Some creators have opted to only create a Youtube Channel and skip the traditional blog website altogether. And that works as well for many niches.
Personally, I like to take the omnichannel approach and work to be in more than one place where my customers digest content.
For me, that’s Google Search Engines, Facebook, Youtube, and Pinterest as a primary focus with social channels like Instagram, Twitter, and Linked In as more “supplemental” channels.
I have also experimented with podcasts which I also enjoy.
There is only one of you and so much time in the day. Choose channels where you know you can be disciplined enough to create the content.
Check out tubebuddy, a cool optimization tool for Youtube.
- Decide what your channel will be about. Stay in a niche.
- Create your Channel
- Use Canva to Create your Channel Art
- Decide what equipment you will start with
- Make your Intro Video
- Edit with Camtasia
- Use Tubebuddy to Optimize your Videos
- Publish your video
- Send your video to your friends, family, subscribers that would actually watch it
- Share to your social networks
- Create videos 2+ Times per week
- Be patient, it takes time to grow!
- Watch your analytics to see what’s working
- Make more videos like the ones that are working.
How to Create A Youtube Channel
Need Help? Ballen Brands Can Set up your Youtube Channel and Branding so you can just upload and go! Call 702-917-0755.
Here is a link to Google with step by step instructions to set up your Youtube Channel. You’ll want a business or brand account.
- Log into Youtube with a Gmail address
- If you click a channel action (like upload), it will prompt you to create a channel
- To create a brand channel, click on the channel list
- Choose to create a new channel or use an existing Brand
- Create a new channel by clicking Create a new channel.
- Fill out the details to name your new channel and verify
- Follow the instructions to add channel managers
Channel Set Up
- Create Your Channel Art [Instructions]
- Set your Channel Icon (Pic) (Instructions)
- Customize Channel Layout (Instructions)
- Create Your Channel Trailer (Instructions)
- Create Your Channel Sections (Instructions)
Advanced Channel settings
- Choose Your Country
- Associate a Website With Your Channel [Instructions]
- Set or Change Your Channel Name and Description [Instructions]
- Set Your Channel as not made for kids (Unless it is)
- Add an optional watermark in the Branding section. Keep in mind this may cover up that corner. Be aware of how you create videos and where the watermark is displayed.
- Enable features including those that require phone verification
Add Your Channel tags. These are keywords that tell Youtube what your channel is about. tubebuddy has a great keyword explorer if you need help.
You can access your channel features here. They include the following
- Monetization (You an apply after you have both 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of visitor watch time
- Live Streaming
- Embed Live Stream
- Longer Videos
- Unlisted and Listed Videos
- Custom Thumbnails
- External Annotations
- Super Chat (Must have 1000 subscribers)
- Custom URL
- Content ID Appeals
- Channel Memberships
💡With Renderforest Online Video Maker, you can create as many videos as you want. Not only animations but also intro videos, music visualizations, presentations, and many more. Customize the ready-made designed templates and download the final result in high quality.
Your title can contain up to 100 characters but cuts off after 70 so create accordingly. You’ll want to create a unique title with each video although you can have part of the title repeat if desired.
This area holds up to 5000 characters. It’s a good idea to include a description of the video ( you could even include a partial transcript or a paragraph or two).
Include links, Offers (such as an ebook or guide), affiliate links (and affiliate link disclosure), contact info, social links and so on.
- Public: Everyone can see it, Youtube may offer to viewers
- Unlisted: Only those with a link can see it. It can still be embedded. Won’t be served by Youtube as a suggested video to watch.
- Private: Only people you give permission to can see it. It can’t be embedded in public view. Won’t be served by Youtube as a suggested video to watch.
These are what your VIDEO is about. Check out tubebuddy to research tags based on search volume and competition. These should be changed somewhat with each video.
License (Advanced settings)
Include the standard Youtube License unless you want people to be able to chop up your video and use it in their creative videos.
Choose the closest category that fits your channel. People and Blogs is an acceptable choice if you can’t find one.
Choose the primary language. You can also add various language captions after publishing.
Only use this if you know it is required because it has aired on television.
Optional. Your viewers can help you reach a larger audience by adding title, description, subtitles, and closed captions to your videos. You would need to monitor this closely.
Choose how you would like to monitor comments.
Check User Ratings
Check This Box
You can now allow others to work on your youtube channel by sending an invite.
Here, you can choose default moderators, add users that can have automatically approved comments and hide users from commenting on your Youtube channel.