Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well.
1 Minute Read
Many bloggers are overwhelmed when they get to the Menu setup on their WordPress Platform. I was too before I learned it. This guide will help you create your WordPress Menus including the header menu and footer menu, drop-down menu, and more.
Create a WordPress Menu
- Go to Appearance and then choose the customize link from the options.
- When the customizer opens, go down to menus and click to open
- Your theme will offer multiple locations. These are the various places your menus can appear. You can have different menus for each location or use the same.
- Click Create Menu
- Choose the location you want your menu to appear. These will be above the header, below the header, header left, header right, footer, and whatever your theme allows for. If you don’t know, choose below the header and also footer for your main menu to start.
- Next, drag over items from the left into your menu.
- To create a drop-down menu, simply put the item you want under the main item then indent it by dragging it over a bit.
- Add Pages, Posts, Links, Products, and anything else showing as an option.
- To re-order your menu, simply drag the menu items to the order you like.