The feeling of dread when you realize a post you’ve paid for to reach a greater audience on Facebook has a typo. Incorrect pricing. Whatever it is, the feeling is the same. The good news? There’s a way to edit a boosted post on Facebook, even after you’ve paid to boost it.
If you’re interested in discovering a step-by-step guide to editing a boosted post on Facebook, look no further. In this article, you’ll find everything you need to know about editing boosted posts on Facebook, so stay tuned.
What is a Boosted Post on Facebook?
A boosted post on Facebook is a posting (usually an advertisement) that an individual has paid for to ensure it reaches a larger audience/more specific demographic. Compared to posts made in, say, Ads Manager, boosting a post is the easiest way to advertise on Facebook.
Statistics show that advertisers who boost their posts on Facebook get more sales, so it’s advantageous for them to go this route.
How Can I Edit a Boosted Post on Facebook?
So you’ve boosted a post and realized afterward that you made a mistake. No big deal! There’s a way you can edit the post after boosting.
- Go to your Facebook page and find the ‘Ad Center’ tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- In the dropdown menu, find the ‘All Ads’ button and click on this.
- Once you find the ad you’d like to edit, click on the three-circles button (***) to get another dropdown menu.
- In this dropdown menu, choose ‘edit ad.’
- You can choose between a number of available changes to make from here, including
- Ad Creative, where you can add media to your ad
- Audience, where you can change the desired demographic
- Daily budget, where you can select a different price point
- Duration, where you can choose how long you want the ad to be up/boosted
- Payment method, where you can edit the payment methods you use to pay for the boost
- And simply general text changes
Before finishing, make sure you hit the ‘save changes’ tab before you make your exit to ensure you don’t lose any progress you’ve made.
Editing a boosted post on Facebook isn’t as difficult as you might think. In just five simple steps, you’re able to perfect your post to make sure it contains the right information, price point, audience, duration, and more. Use this article as your guide to editing boosted posts on Facebook if you’re ever lost. Good luck!