If your food blog is looking a bit tired or outdated, you may be in the market for a new design. Recipe Blogger Theme for WordPress might be a solution for you. This guide will teach you how to set up the Food Blogger WordPress Theme. If you want it all built for you, consider our Food Blogger System or Foodie Website system.
You can learn how to do that on this How To Blog article.
Paul and Jeff at Ballen Brands“>Ballen Brands can also build this for you.
In most cases, when you buy the child theme, you get the Genesis framework as well.
Make sure your WordPress Genesis is updated to 3.0 or newer.
steps to Install The Recipe Blogger Theme
- Purchase the Recipe Blogger“>Recipe Blogger Theme
- Access both the Genesis and theme .zip files from the confirmation page or email
- Do not unzip the files
- Upload the genesis framework [Appearance, Themes, Add New, Upload Theme, Activate
- Next, follow the same steps with the Recipe Blogger file.
One Click Install
The One Click Install is popular with website builders using child themes of Genesis. It’s exactly how it sounds, one click and it’s all installed.
This works best on a brand new website. Keep in mind that you’ll have to edit content, menus, widgets etc. to fit your food blog once you install it all using the one click install.
After you install the theme, you should see the button that allows you to choose a one click install. If not, get it here: [your website domain name]/wp-admin/admin.php?page=child-theme-setup
WordPress Plugins add functionality to a website. Many themes use WordPress Plugins that they didn’t create.
This is fine as long as they are tested with the theme and are kept updated. Some are “fremium” meaning free to a certain level and they you would need to pay to upgradee.
Here are the themes suggested by the makers of Recipe Blogger. They are not required to use your them, but they will be used in the demo.
One Click Install with add them, and you can activate them or remove theme.
- Atomic Blocks [Adds more blocks to Gutenberg blocks]
- Simple Social Icons [Allows you to add your social icons and channels to thee menu]
- Genesis eNews Extended [Used to gain email subscribers]
- WPForms Lite [Drag and drop contact collection forms]
- WP Recipe Maker [For your recipes]
- Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed [For Instagram]
- Regenerate Thumbnails [This will help create proper sized images for your blog]
Additional Plugins I Use
- Social Snap [Enhanced Social Sharing Tools including Pinterest]
- Thirsty Affiliates [Auto Link affiliate links]
- [Internal Linking Tool]
- SEOPress [SEO Best Practices and Redirects]
- TOC + [Table of Contents Creator]
Genesis Enews Extended
Along with 10 sample blog posts and a few categories, there are 6 pages included in the one click install. You’ll need to edit these or remove them as desired.
- Recipe Index
- landing page
- Gutenberg Optimized Page
To edit this, go to appearance -> Customize -> Header and Footer. You can enter simple text for your copyright or add html. Here’s a Video that will show you how to create the WordPress footer with links using html from a post.
This area is for your website title and logo.
You have the choice of using styled text for your website title with a tagline or you can upload a logo image. The suggested size of a logo is 600 x 160 pixels.
You’ll have the ability to crap your image after loading, yet you could lose important areas of the logo if it isn’t sized correctly.
To create a logo, I like to use Canva“>Canva“>Canva. Click Create a Design -> Custom Dimensions -> 600 x 160. Drop in an image placeholder or begin designing from scratch.
Genesis eNews Extended
- Build an Online Course, LMS Platforms – Teachific, Teachable, Kajabi, and More.If you are looking to build a course to sell online, finding a platform that works for you is essential. In this guide, we will compare several platforms and show Teachable vs. Kajabi vs. Thinkific, and Ontraport course platforms.
- WordPress GutenbergThis WordPress Gutenberg guide will introduce you to the many uses of content blocks.
- 5 Things You Must Know About Blogging in 2020Before diving into blogging as a new adventure, or continuing to grow a blog you already have, take a look at these 5 things you must know about blogging in 2020.
- How To Make Money With Your BlogIf you are blogging on a regular basis, you might want to know how to make money with your blog. Many bloggers have figured out ways to monetize their blog as a supplemental income or as a full-time income. This article will give you ideas on how to make money with your blog.
- 10 Mistakes Amateur Bloggers Should AvoidBlogging is a time-tested digital marketing tactic that, when performed correctly by an amateur blogger or pro blogger, can help your business generate more leads and sales. As you fill your business’s blog with high-quality posts, it will become a valuable resource for prospective customers.