Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well.
If your food blog is looking a bit tired or outdated, you may be in the market for a new design. Recipe Blogger Theme for WordPress might be a solution for you. This guide will teach you how to set up the Food Blogger WordPress Theme. If you want it all built for you, consider our Food Blogger System or Foodie Website system.
You can learn how to do that on this How To Blog article.
In most cases, when you buy the child theme, you get the Genesis framework as well.
Make sure your WordPress Genesis is updated to 3.0 or newer.
steps to Install The Recipe Blogger Theme
- Purchase the Recipe Blogger“>Recipe Blogger Theme
- Access both the Genesis and theme .zip files from the confirmation page or email
- Do not unzip the files
- Upload the genesis framework [Appearance, Themes, Add New, Upload Theme, Activate
- Next, follow the same steps with the Recipe Blogger file.
One Click Install
The One-Click Install is popular with website builders using child themes of Genesis. It’s exactly how it sounds, one click and it’s all installed.
This works best on a brand new website. Keep in mind that you’ll have to edit content, menus, widgets, etc. to fit your food blog once you install it all using the one-click install.
After you install the theme, you should see the button that allows you to choose a one-click install. You might alternatively see “Starter Pack”.
This install or starter pack will install all demo content, Plugins, widgets, pages, posts, categories, and menu items.
All of this can be customized after the installation.
This is fine as long as they are tested with the theme and are kept updated. Some are “fremium” meaning free to a certain level and they you would need to pay to upgradee.
Here are the themes suggested by the makers of Recipe Blogger. They are not required to use your them, but they will be used in the demo.
One Click Install with add them, and you can activate them or remove theme.
- Atomic Blocks [Adds more blocks to Gutenberg blocks]
- Simple Social Icons [Allows you to add your social icons and channels to thee menu]
- Genesis eNews Extended [Used to gain email subscribers]
- WPForms Lite [Drag and drop contact collection forms]
- WP Recipe Maker [For your recipes]
- Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed [For Instagram]
- Regenerate Thumbnails [This will help create proper sized images for your blog]
Additional Plugins I Use
- Social Snap [Enhanced Social Sharing Tools including Pinterest]
- Thirsty Affiliates [Auto Link affiliate links]
- [Internal Linking Tool]
- SEOPress [SEO Best Practices and Redirects]
- TOC + [Table of Contents Creator]
Genesis Enews Extended
Along with 10 sample blog posts and a few categories, there are 6 pages included in the one click install. You’ll need to edit these or remove them as desired.
To edit this, go to appearance -> Customize -> Header and Footer. You can enter simple text for your copyright or add html. Here’s a Video that will show you how to create the WordPress footer with links using html from a post.
This area is for your website title and logo.
You have the choice of using styled text for your website title with a tagline or you can upload a logo image. The suggested size of a logo is 600 x 160 pixels.
You’ll have the ability to crap your image after loading, yet you could lose important areas of the logo if it isn’t sized correctly.
Genesis eNews Extended
- Thinkific vs. Teachable vs. Kajabi vs. Ontraport
- What I Learned Selling $300,000 In Online Courses My First YearI never set out to create and sell courses. It happened organically. As the online courses began to grow, I was thrilled to hit the $300,000 in sales number my first year. In this article, I’ll share my personal experiences, what worked for me (and didn’t), and what I learned on the journey.
- Blogger’s Income ReportWhile sharing income makes one very vulnerable, I am a teacher first above all other things. I’m passionate about sharing what works so that people can adopt and follow a model that works for them. Here is my blogger’s Income Report for August 2020.
- 9 Super Simple Ways to Make Your Blog Posts More ReadableBuilding a successful blog requires more than just publishing high-quality content. While relevant and in-depth content is essential, it’s only useful if visitors can easily read it.
- 15 Content Marketing Tools For Every BloggerHere are some tools to guide you through your content creation and marketing process, from coming up with ideas for distributing your message to your target audience.