We may benefit from purchases made through our links at no extra charge to you. Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases.
In this guide with video tutorials, the creators of Tubebuddy, a tool we love, share the best practices in using their software to optimize YouTube videos and Channels. Learn more about generating leads through Video with these steps.
Youtube optimization For Beginners
In this video, you’ll learn how to optimize a video for Youtube. Click here to explore Tubebuddy. Keep in mind that the quality of your video, meaning the content itself comes before all other optimization strategies.
- Research The Topic with Keyword Explorer in Tubebuddy.
- Use your key focus in the Title, Description, and tags.
- Avoid using topics with the “Poor” or “Fair” Score.
- Use the Related Search Section to choose a better, longtail keyword phrase.
- Avoid Broad topics when you are first beginning. Start small and work your way up as your channel becomes established and begins to rank for a particular topic.
- Create a tags List related to your topic that is suggested by the planner. You can also save these tags to your topic creator to save for later.
- Exact Words and Orders are still advised on Youtube while not so much when focused on Google SEO. Put your most important words first.
- Use dividers in your titles such as a dash or vertical divider (or pipe).
- Use all 500 characters in the space for tags.
- Use the first 200 characters to create an SEO Description. It’s a short description of the video and should include your keyword.
Getting Started with TubeBuddy
Tubebuddy can help you grow on Youtube. There is a free option as well as several paid plans. You can install the youtube browser extension for free. Youtube is designed to help you work smarter and faster.
Upload Default allows you to have your title, description, and tags ready to go. You can optimize each when you upload a video.
You can save Cards and End Screens as templates to easily access and load with each video upload.
Use Tubebuddy to easily moderate comments. You can also establish canned responses for frequently asked questions.
There are more than 100 tools inside of Tubebuddy including A/B Testing for Thumbnails, Promo Materials, Member Perks, Upload Checklists, a Mobile App and more.
Free Youtube Tools
When you download the Tubebuddy Extension, you can access free tools.
- Upload Checklist
- Edit Toolbar
- Quicklinks Menu
- Notification Commenting
- Emoji Picker
- Advanced Video Embedding
- Video Topic Planner
- Thumbnail Generator
- Playlist Actions
- Default Upload Profiles
- Comment Filters
- Canned Responses
- View and Copy Video tags from Any Video
- Caption Service
- Tag Lists
- Tag / Keyword Explorer
- Suggested tags
- Search Explorer
- Insta Suggest
- Subscriber Outreach
- Share Tracker
- Pick a Winner
- Description Promotion
- Social Monitor
- Realtime Subscriber Counts
- Language Analysis
- Demonetization Audit
- Comment Word Cloud
- Channel Valuation
- Tubebuddy Alexa
- Tubebuddy Mobile
Youtube Keyword Research
- Unweighted are available with the Free Tubebuddy Account and Weighted are for pro +
- Weighted includes your channel size and your average view per channel
- Basically, it’s YOU vs. the Top Rated Video
- Weighted will give you the most accurate results for your video channel specifically compared to the competition using the same topic
Youtube End Screens
You can use end screens on Youtube without the Tubebuddy software. That being said, Tubebuddy allows you to create end screen and cards templates that allow you to put in the appropriate screen or cards each time you upload a video to Youtube.
With each video, you’ll be able to upload 5 cards. These cards appear with the small letter I at the top of the screen at a particular time you choose. They are typically links. to another video or playlist and could also be a poll or link to a verified website.
An end screen is a call to action after the video plays. This is usually a subscription CTA (Call To Action), Related Video or Playlist, and a Best for User video. You can choose from various options an can include 1-3 CTAs.
10 Things To Do With Tubebuddy
- Search Settings – 2:48
- Upload Defaults – Templates Card and Endscreens – Pro and Higher 5:07
- Comment Filters – 13:00
- Canned Responses – 13:00
- Video Topic Planner – 19:39
- Tag Lists – 23:00
- Playlist Actions – 28:53
- Social Monitoring – 30:57
- Promo Materials – 33:57
- TubeBuddy Usage Report – 37:40
How to Create Youtube Thumbnails
How To Be A Successful Youtuber
In this video from the creator of the Youtube optimization tool Tubebuddy (free and Premium options), you’ll learn what it really takes to be a successful youtuber.
Tubebuddy Bulk Processing
In this video Evan Carmichael shares how to use TubeBuddy Bulk Processing for Youtube Videos.
Youtube Keyword Explorer
In this video, you’ll learn how to use Tubebuddy Keyword Explorer to find the right youtube keyword tags to use for your video. This tool will show you how to find tags for youtube videos, how much competition there is for that keyword, and what the search volume is.
- Be.Live Software For Live Streaming
- 10 Common Video Marketing Myths You Shouldn’t Fall ForNo matter what type of business you manage, you can promote it using high-quality videos. For an effective video marketing strategy, though, you shouldn’t fall for the following ten common video marketing myths.
- How to Build An Empire With Youtube PromotionGaining more views on your youtube channel is very important as it increases brand awareness and can help your videos rank higher on Youtube’s search engine.
- How To Make Money With Youtube SuperchatThis article will highlight all the details that you need to know about Youtube Super Chat, and how you can make money using it.
- How to Make Money with YouTube Ads Through the Partner ProgramWhether you’re looking to quit your day job or earn some extra spending cash, though, you should consider participating in YouTube’s Partner Program.