We decided to look at some of the more popular SEO reporting tools on the market and do a little comparison shopping. In this article, we compare Semrush vs. Moz Pro.
A robust SEO reporting tool is arguably the most essential tool in an agency’s repertoire. By monitoring website traffic, search engine activity, and competition, a quality SEO tool provides content direction and a measure of progress for both agencies and their clients. With so many SEO reporting tools available, though, how do you begin to narrow down your options?
Although there are many SEO reporting tools out there to choose from, we picked these top-rated options:
Before we get into the details, let’s do a quick side by side comparison.
|SEMRUSH||SEMRUSH||MOZ PRO ANALYTICS||AGENCY ANALYTICS|
|COST||$229.95 /MONTH||$449.95 /MONTH||$249 /MONTH||$149 /MONTH|
|MAX RESULTS PER REPORT||30,000||50,000||50,000||UNLIMITED|
|MAX REPORTS PER DAY||5,000||10,000||UNLIMITED||UNLIMITED|
|TRACKABLE KEYWORD RANKING||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|PPC AD MONITORING||YES||YES||NO||YES|
|SOCIAL NETWORK INCLUSION||YES||YES||NO||YES|
|REVIEW TRACKING||VIA BRAND MONITORING||VIA BRAND MONITORING||VIA BRAND MONITORING||YES|
|FULL WEBSITE AUDIT||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|CUSTOM CLIENT DASHBOARD||YES||YES||NO||YES|
|BEST FEATURE||ACCESS TO A FULL ARRAY OF SEO TOOLS AND EXCELLENT TUTORIALS||ACCESS TO A FULL ARRAY OF SEO TOOLS AND EXCELLENT TUTORIALS||MOZ PRO BROWSER BAR FOR INSTANT SITE METRICS||INTEGRATION OF MORE THAN 50 MARKETING CHANNELS|
- 30,000 results per domain and keyword analytics report.
- 5,000 domain and keyword analytics reports per day.
- 1,000 keyword metric updates per month.
- 15 projects.
- 1,500 keywords to track.
- 10 targets per project.
- 300,000 pages to crawl per month.
- 20,000 pages to crawl per project.
- 800 SEO idea units.
- 40 pages per organic traffic insight campaigns.
- 100 social media profiles for monitoring.
- 30 social media profiles for posting.
- 20 scheduled PDF reports.
- 800 SEO content templates.
- 20,000 pages to audit.
- 5 countries to track.
- 20,000 more results per report.
- 5,000 more reports per day.
- 4,000 more keyword metric updates per month.
- 25 more projects.
- 4,000 more keywords to track.
- Unlimited targets per project.
- 700,000 more pages to crawl per month.
- 80,000 more pages to crawl per project.
- 1,200 more SEO idea units.
- 10 more pages per organic traffic insight campaigns.
- 200 more social media profiles to monitor.
- 20 more social media profiles for posting.
- 30 more scheduled PDF reports.
- 1,200 more SEO content templates.
- 5 more countries to track.
Moz Pro Analytics
Of all of the tools we looked at, MOZ PRO Analytics has the least to offer UNLESS you are looking solely for an organic-centered SEO tool. That said, for their monthly fee, it just doesn’t make sense to opt for organic only when you can get access to organic and paid analytics for a similar price elsewhere.
Honestly, although this is a useful tool, we can’t justify its use for the price when other SEO reporting tools offer so much more.
Agency Analytics is one of the best SEO tools available for agencies – they have more to offer, and their price point is amenable to small and large agencies alike. The Agency Analytics Agency plan offers
- Unlimited domain and keyword analytics reports per day.
- Search engine reports for desktop and mobile rankings.
- 15 projects.
- 1,500 keywords to track.
- Unlimited social media profiles (one set per project including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.)
- Ecommerce and call tracking integration.
- Cross-channel dashboards for comprehensive SEO data reports.
- Unlimited PDF reports.
- 30,000 pages to audit.
- Unlimited countries to track.
Choosing the best tool for your agency
Of the four listed tools, three offer viable all-in-one paid and organic solutions for agencies managing multiple clients – SEMRush Guru, SEMRush Business, and Agency Analytics. The right SEO tool for your agency depends on your budget and the features you want from your service.
Semrush Business is one tier up from the GURU package, and it comes at a significant price increase. This increased cost does, however, include a notable increase in plan limits that is ideal for larger agencies.
Semrush is also an excellent choice if you plan to delve into SEO as an area of focus. Their multitude of videos and tutorials are worth the additional monthly fee and set you up to qualify for a formal position working in SEO (if you aren’t already.)
Agency Analytics is a quality service all the way around. It touches on all of the significant areas of management an agency needs. Their integration of so many social networks and publishing platforms also makes this a great option if you depend heavily on social media content and alternate marketing channels.
Agency Analytics does not incorporate the level of SEO education that SEMRush offers, but their tools are comparable to SEMRush without the added cost. So if you want to cut all the frills and go right for SEO tools, then Agency Analytics might be right for you.