Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well.
If you are blogging on a regular basis, you might want to know how to make money with your blog. Many bloggers have figured out ways to monetize their blog as a supplemental income or as a full-time income. This article will give you ideas on how to make money with your blog.
When your traffic reaches a significant level, you can then move to more premium advertisers.
While you aren’t going to get wealthy from running Google Ads on your website, it can be a way to start earning money on a blog that has some traffic. You can use Google’s Revenue calculator to get an idea of what your niche might generate in revenue.
Keep in mind, not all niches have the same advertiser spend.
For the sake of this blog, I looked up how much a website in the beauty and fitness niche would make if they had 50,000-page visits per month.
That blog COULD earn as much as $6,000 per month in ad revenue although there are many variables that would affect that outcome.
It’s probable that you will need a decent amount of content on your blog first before Google will approve you for an account.
- Accounts are only available for those that are aged 18 and up.
- You will need to earn $10 to link your bank account.
- A Gmail is required
- You are the publisher and the person or company paying for ad space is the advertiser.
To apply, Visit https://www.google.com/adsense and start.
The easiest way to get started with Google Ads is by setting up auto ads. Google provides you with a code that you will place in your <head> tag on your website.
You can access the code implementation guide here.
You can choose global settings to apply to all of your websites and also change for each by setting up URL groups.
Affiliate marketing is when you promote another product or service using a link and get paid if that person makes a purchase within a particular time frame.
Create a Website
You can create a WordPress Website in many ways.
Determine your Niche
You’ll want to know exactly what kind of audience you want to create content for. Your website should be niche focused and on topic.
Some topic niche websites for affiliate marketing are: online dating, making money at home, finance, pets, health, and fitness, and so forth. In one case, Lori Ballen has a niche for real estate agents who want to get more leads for their business.
Identify Your Audience and Their Problems
Next, do some research on the audience that would be visiting your blog and research what kind of questions they would have, problems they need to be solved, and so forth. Lori uses SEMrush for topic research.
Write a Blog Post
This is the most important piece of the entire strategy.
You must cover topics in depth. If you are really covering a how-to topic in its entirety, a blog post would be thousands of words long.
Lori uses SEMrush (content template) to research what articles are ranking in the top 10 results of Google Already. Then she knows how competitive the topic is and what kind of content Google is ranking.
SEMrush also shows her the semantically related keywords most used by the top 10 ranking blogs so she can be sure to include them in her guide as well.
Here’s an article on How To Write A Blog.
Choose An Affiliate Product to Promote
Find a product that your audience for your niche website is going to appreciate. Set up an affiliate relationship with them if they have an affiliate program. Once you have your assets (banners, links, videos, guides, etc), you can include them in your blog post.
Generate Traffic To Your Blog
You’ll need to submit your blog to Google using google webmaster tools. Having a sitemap with Google also helps. Your website may rank on Google’s Search Engine Results Page (SERP) or bing, yahoo, or another search engine.
You may also want to drive traffic by sending your blog out to your email list, creating a video about it on youtube, sharing in the right social groups and channels, and possibly running paid advertisements such as google pay per click, Facebook ads and so forth.
Add-In Offers and Lead Magnets
Build an Email List
Building an email list with phone numbers and social channels will allow you to set up text funnels and social media connections.
Convertkit is a lead capture tool with an easy to use email funnel for follow up emails and delivery of lead magnets. I personally tested AWeber, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Zoho, Infusionsoft, and KEAP, and found Convert Kit to be the winner for simple subscriber based offers and emails.
Grow your Business with Messenger Marketing using Manychat chatbot software. Free Trial. for Free. Manychat is a leading Chatbot Platform offering unlimited Broadcasts. Manychat has an affiliate program.
If you teach how to do something, you can build a course. Many bloggers wind up making money on their blogs by selling courses.
Check out Thinkific or Teachable for your course.
It’s easy to build a store with WordPress (start here with WPEngine) and WooCommerce. With WooCommerce, you can add products to your online store, and use the settings to establish tax, shipping, and more.
If you sell services, blogging can be a great way to generate business. You can make money with your blog by showcasing your services, creating a call to action for services, or by featuring your work in a portfolio.
More Blogging Guides
- Thinkific vs. Teachable vs. Kajabi vs. Ontraport
- What I Learned Selling $300,000 In Online Courses My First YearI never set out to create and sell courses. It happened organically. As the online courses began to grow, I was thrilled to hit the $300,000 in sales number my first year. In this article, I’ll share my personal experiences, what worked for me (and didn’t), and what I learned on the journey.
- Blogger’s Income ReportWhile sharing income makes one very vulnerable, I am a teacher first above all other things. I’m passionate about sharing what works so that people can adopt and follow a model that works for them. Here is my blogger’s Income Report for August 2020.
- 9 Super Simple Ways to Make Your Blog Posts More ReadableBuilding a successful blog requires more than just publishing high-quality content. While relevant and in-depth content is essential, it’s only useful if visitors can easily read it.
- 15 Content Marketing Tools For Every BloggerHere are some tools to guide you through your content creation and marketing process, from coming up with ideas for distributing your message to your target audience.
- WordPress Posts vs. Pages: What’s the Difference?WordPress treats posts and pages differently, so you must learn their respective mechanics to determine when to use them.
- Blogger vs. WordPress
- Refined WordPress Theme Set Up – Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle Blog
- The ABCs of WordPress: 10 WordPress Terms You Need to Know
- 53 Blog Ideas For the College BloggerThese blog ideas are perfect for the college blogger. Whether you are earning an income with ads on your blog, affiliate marketing, or are building a blog for a school program, this list is sure to win!
- The QuillIn 1850, the fountain pen’s function had improved substantially. The quill gave way and with it went the romance of putting ink to paper.
- Cornerstone Content Important Key Pages on your Blog or WebsiteCornerstone content is the article on your website that you want to show off the most. They are your pride and joy, so to speak. These pieces reflect what your business has to offer customers. They highlight your mission and what it is that you want to do or how you can help others.
- 10 Steps to Creating and Self-Publishing Your First eBookBefore you think self-publishing is an easy way to make money online, you need to be aware of all the steps involved to create, self-publish, and promote your eBook.
- WordPress Gutenberg
- Ghostwriter For HireWant to grow your online brand and improve your status as an industry expert? Are you looking for innovative, low-cost ways to promote yourself as a leading expert online? You need a great blog, sometimes supported by a great ghostwriter for hire.
- 5 Things You Must Know About Blogging in 2020Before diving into blogging as a new adventure, or continuing to grow a blog you already have, take a look at these 5 things you must know about blogging in 2020.
- How To Make Money With Your BlogIf you are blogging on a regular basis, you might want to know how to make money with your blog. Many bloggers have figured out ways to monetize their blog as a supplemental income or as a full-time income. This article will give you ideas on how to make money with your blog.
- 10 Mistakes Amateur Bloggers Should AvoidBlogging is a time-tested digital marketing tactic that, when performed correctly by an amateur blogger or pro blogger, can help your business generate more leads and sales. As you fill your business’s blog with high-quality posts, it will become a valuable resource for prospective customers.
- Genesis Plugins
- Marketing ToolsIn this guide, you’ll find almost any marketing tool you will need for growing your blog, website, or online store. You’ll find automation tools, posting tools, promotional tools, money-making tools, SEO tools and so much more.