If you are blogging on a regular basis, you might want to know how to make money with your blog. Many bloggers have figured out ways to monetize their blog as a supplemental income or as a full-time income. This article will give you ideas on how to make money with your blog.
When you have traffic on your blog, Google will actually pay you to allow them to run advertisers’ ads on your blog. Google Adsense is available for anyone to apply. When your traffic reaches a significant level, you can then move to more premium advertisers.
While you aren’t going to get wealthy from running Google Ads on your website, it can be a way to start earning money on a blog that has some traffic. You can use Google’s Revenue calculator to get an idea of what your niche might generate in revenue.
Keep in mind, not all niches have the same advertiser spend.
For the sake of this blog, I looked up how much a website in the beauty and fitness niche would make if they had 50,000-page visits per month. That blog COULD earn as much as $6,000 per month in ad revenue although there are many variables that would affect that outcome.
It’s probable that you will need a decent amount of content on your blog first before Google will approve you for an account.
- Accounts are only available for those that are aged 18 and up.
- You will need to earn $10 to link your bank account.
- A Gmail is required
- You are the publisher and the person or company paying for ad space is the advertiser.
To apply, Visit https://www.google.com/adsense and start.
The easiest way to get started with Google Ads is by setting up auto ads. Google provides you with a code that you will place in your <head> tag on your website. If you are using WordPress, this can be done with a plugin or you can add a header/footer plugin that allows you to add these codes.
You can access the code implementation guide here.
You can choose global settings to apply to all of your websites and also change for each by setting up URL groups.
Affiliate marketing is when you promote another product or service using a link and get paid if that person makes a purchase within a particular time frame.
- Create a WordPress Website
You can create a WordPress Website in many ways. You can install WordPress easily with WPengine, Godaddy, Bluehost, Hostgator, Wealthy Affiliate, etc. or call a WordPress website company such as Ballen Brands at 702-917-0755.
- Determine your Niche
You’ll want to know exactly what kind of audience you want to create content for. Your website should be niche focused and on topic. Some topic niche websites for affiliate marketing are: online dating, making money at home, finance, pets, health, and fitness and so forth. In this case, Lori’s niche is real estate agents who want to get more leads for their business. Her blog LoriBallen.com focuses on the real estate agent, coach or entrepreneur that wants to generate more leads online.
- Identify Your Audience and their ProblemsNext, do some research on the audience that would be visiting your blog and research what kind of questions they would have, problems they need solved and so forth. Lori uses SEMrush for topic research.
- Write a BlogThis is the most important piece of the entire strategy. You must cover topics in depth. If you are really covering a how-to topic in its entirety, a blog post would be thousands of words long. Lori uses SEMrush (content template) to research what articles are ranking in the top 10 results of Google Already. Then she knows how competitive the topic is and what kind of content Google is ranking. SEMrush also shows her the semantically related keywords most used by the top 10 ranking blogs so she can be sure to include them in her guide as well.
- Choose Your Affiliate ProductFind a product that your audience for your niche website is going to appreciate. Set up an affiliate relationship with them if they have an affiliate program. Once you have your assets (banners, links, videos, guides, etc), you can include them in your blog post.
- Generate Traffic to your Blog on your WebsiteYou’ll need to submit your blog to Google using google webmaster tools. Having a sitemap with Google also helps. Your website may rank on Google’s Search Engine Results Page (SERP) or bing, yahoo or another search engine.
You may also want to drive traffic by sending your blog out to your email list, creating a video about it on youtube, sharing in the right social groups and channels and possibly running paid advertisements such as google pay per click, Facebook ads and so forth.
- Add-In OffersConsider using software like convert kit or optinmonster to create a pop-up or slide-in offer for specific affiliate programs you are promoting.
If you teach how to do something, you can build a course. Many bloggers wind up making money on their blogs by selling courses.
It’s easy to build a store with WordPress (start here with WPEngine) and WooCommerce. With WooCommerce, you can add products to your online store, and use the settings to establish tax, shipping and more.
WooCommerce is an open-source, completely customizable eCommerce platform for entrepreneurs worldwide. Go beyond the confines of traditional eCommerce solutions, and be limited only by your own imagination.
If you sell services, blogging can be a great way to generate business. You can make money with your blog by showcasing your services, creating a call to action for services, or by featuring your work in a portfolio.
WP Engine offers WordPress Websites and hosting if you are want to build your own website.
Ballen Brands also builds WordPress Websites. (702) 917-0755.
Agency Pro Theme
The Agency theme for the Genesis Framework is a corporate-style theme that will provide a professional look for your business website.
When you�ve got lots of content and you need a professional way to show it off, Agency is the theme for you. Use it to showcase your company, services and what you can offer.
Includes the Genesis Framework
Includes the Agency Theme
Unlimited Updates, Support & S…
More Blogging Guides
- How To Make Money With Your Blog
- How To Change the Text Size and Text Color On a WordPress Blog
- Blog Niche List, Choose The Right Niche For Your Blog
- How To Get Traffic To A New Blog
- 50 Questions To Ask Yourself To Learn Your True Passion, Desires, and Direction
- How To Write a Blog Post in WordPress
- Favicon: How To Create a Site Icon For Your Blog and Brand
- Kreativ Pro WordPress Theme – Great for Agencies, Small Business, Shop or Affiliate
- Ballen Blogger Pins
- WordPress Themes For Food Bloggers
- Lifestyle Blog Ideas
- How To Blog About The Niche: CrossFit
- The Best Feminine WordPress Themes
- WordPress Gutenberg
- Cornerstone Content – The Evergreen, Always Important Key Pages on your Blog or Website
- Link Whisper WordPress Plugin for Internal Linking
- Facebook Debugger – How To Get Facebook To Share The Updated Image
- How To Remove The Background From a Photo Using Canva
- Best WordPress Themes
- Canva Templates and Brand Kits – Pin, Publish, Post