Deciding whether to use Leadpages or ClickFunnels can be challenging. Each option is a powerful marketing tool. A well-crafted landing page from Leadpages or a nicely designed funnel from ClickFunnels can lead to more sales, greater profits, and greater brand awareness for your business.
Landing Pages Vs. Funnels
Leadpages and ClickFunnels have their own advantages and disadvantages, so the type of software that you choose should depend on your needs, including your marketing skills, the type of customer you’d like to attract, the ultimate goal of your website and more.
Before you can decide what kind of product is right for you, you’ll need to understand the differences between each.
While each product is designed to make attractive webpages, there are significant differences in the types of webpages, including how they function and how they’re built.
Here’s what you need to know.
Please note, this blog is informational only and prices and details from both companies is subject to change. You can verify current offerings on their websites.
Why LeadPages is Better Than Click Funnels
ClickFunnels and LeadPages Basic InfoBefore you can understand ClickFunnels and Leadpages, it helps to know some basic Internet page terms.
A landing page is a standard page that a new visitor sees when they come to your website. landing pages typically include your home page, a catalog page, product listings, and your contact page.
Any page that might appear when surfing the Internet is a landing page.
A funnel is a series of landing pages to guide visitors toward a product, sale, service or purchase, or some other goal. Not all funnels lead to sales, as some can lead to newsletters, email subscribers or some other collection of data, and so on.
Information collected about potential customers through a funnel can convert visitors into customers later, so some funnels are just designed to collect email addresses and other information.
Because funnels aren’t always aimed at selling products, you might have several kinds of funnels on your website, including a sales funnel, a funnel that turns customers into affiliates, a funnel that nurtures leads and so on.
ClickFunnels is a type of software that helps you create your own sales funnels.
ClickFunnels automates the process, giving you complete control over the appearance and content of your funnel.
It’s so automated that nearly anyone can use the software, but it’s also powerful enough to allow for some customization and control.
Leadpages comes with a variety of beneficial features that can help business owners and marketers create optimized, effective pages.
How Does ClickFunnels Work?
To use ClickFunnels, you’ll start by deciding what your goal is. It’s so powerful that you don’t have to have any design experience.
You can select from a complete library of pre-built funnels, or you can design your own. ClickFunnel’s free 14-day trial includes six funnel designs.
You can also use the dashboard to set one up for yourself.
How Does Leadpages Work?
Leadpages has a drag and drop page editor that enables you to customize each page any way you want. The software also comes with a variety of pre-built templates that’s easy for everyone, even beginners.
To start a new page, click on the “create new page” button, then choose between a drag and drop template, or a professionally designed standard template with limited ability to customize.
Leadpages offers free and premium templates, so you can choose one that fits your needs and your budget.The professionally designed Leadpages are perfectly good for many uses, while the drag and drop editor is limited in its capability.
- Custom domain. ClickFunnels enables you to register a domain through them, or register a domain you already own.
- landing page hosting services. This is a cost-effective way to host your pages without starting an account with another service.
- WordPress compatible. If you use WordPress and you’re comfortable with it, ClickFunnels provides a WordPress plugin that enables you to show your funnel pages on your WordPress blog.
- Track performance metrics. You’ll be able to see how successful your email campaigns and funnel pages are.
- email autoresponder. The email autoresponder enables you to follow warm leads automatically, by guiding them further and further along the funnel.
- Drag and drop pages. Rearrange pages simply and easily with the drag and drop feature.
- WYSIWYG editor. ClickFunnel provides users with a WYSIWYG editor that makes editing pages easy as could be.
- Pre-built landing pages. Leadpages provides a wide range of professionally-made pre-built landing pages. They’re great for marketing professionals and for beginners.
- LeadDigits. This feature allows you to gather leads through text messages.
- Drag and drop features. Leadpages comes with drag and drop customization that allows you to edit pre-made templates.
- Pop-ups. Leadpages make using popups easy; and it’s an excellent way to get leads.
- Landing pages split testing. You can do A/B testing of your landing pages to find out what works and what doesn’t.
- Lead notifications. Lead notifications help you start a lead list of leads; the information gets sent straight to an inbox.
ClickFunnels has a base plan that allows for 100 pages, 20 funnels, 3 domains, and 20,000 unique visitors monthly. The base plan is $97 per month.
The Enterprise package, which costs $297 per month, provides up to 300 pages, 70 funnels, 100,000 unique visitors. Enterprise plan is also includes priority support and template requests.
ClickFunnels automatically gives users six pre-built funnels for free, which simplifies the start-up process.
Leadpages provides a month-to-month billing option for its basic and Pro packages.
The most advanced package requires an annual or upfront payment of one year.
The basic and pro packages can also be paid one year in advance, which will save you quite a bit. The basic and Pro packages cost almost half as much when they’re paid for in annual packages.
SummaryAlthough Leadpages is far more cost-effective than ClickFunnels, the software provides fewer services. ClickFunnels provides web hosting and domain registration, which Leadpages does not.
Leadpages is a good choice for anyone who wants to create simple landing pages, without a lot of customization.
ClickFunnels is for you if you would like to create a powerful, robust website with an effective funnel for creating conversions, sales and more.
ClickFunnels is designed in such a way that you don’t have to learn HTML and without a lot of effort, you can easily get an effective series of pages off the ground.
Not sure which product meets your needs?
- Write a plan for your website
- List some goals.
- Are you trying to make sales?
- Get people signed up for a mailing list?
- Develop your brand awareness?
- All three?
- What’s your budget?
Writing down your website goals will help you decide what your priorities are. Knowing your priorities will help you choose a product that will meet those goals.
Get Started Today
Hopefully you now have the information you need to get started with either Leadpages“>Leadpages or ClickFunnel. It’s important to know that neither product is superior to the other, and that whichever one you choose should be based on your needs and the type of website you’d like to design.
In order to decide which product is right for your needs, you’ll need to know what those needs are.
Knowing yourself and your situation will help you pick the product that’s right for you. Both companies offer a free trial for people who are new to website creation, so you can try each one out before deciding which one to buy.
- 10 Business Tools to Increase ProductivityToday, running a business often means wearing lots of hats. You might be covering project management one minute and marketing the next, especially in a small startup environment.
- The Best Instagram Scheduling AppsInstagram scheduling apps and programs come in handy. These tools help you create your posts then release them on a schedule so that you can keep your audience engaged without having to dedicate any extra time in your busy life.
- What is Mouseflow?For those who might not know, Mouseflow is a session replay and heatmap tool that provides a variety of useful features for those who want to track what happens on their websites.
- How To Use Zapier IntegrationsZapier has multiple plans available and over 2000 Zapier integrations. In this blog, we will look at the Zapier Integrations available.