Your Favicon or site icon is the small logo that appears in a tab on your web browser. You’ll often see it on mobile devices and site icons are now appearing on Google’s search engine results pages (SERP). They should be colorful, and easy to identify when small. Here’s how to create your site icon in just a few easy steps.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
- Create A New Canvas in Canva
Create New -> Custom Dimensions -> 512 by 512
- Choose a Template
Choose from one of the many logo templates or start from scratch.
- Add Elements
Favicons look best in color. Think symbols and shapes like circles, rainbows, arrows, color bursts and so forth. Don’t use additional words in your favicon like you might in your full logo. You only want the symbol.
Make sure your artwork takes up as much of the square as possible or your favicon will appear too small when it’s published. Use as much as that 512 by 512 as you can. Click save -> Choose Transparent Background -> Save as a .png file
- Upload to Your Theme
More Blogging Tips from Lori
- 50 Questions To Ask Yourself To Learn Your True Passion, Desires, and Direction
- Ballen Blogger
- Ballen Blogger Pins
- Best Valentines Day iPhone Backgrounds and Wallpaper
- Best WordPress Themes
- Blog Niche List, Choose The Right Niche For Your Blog
- Blog SEO | Strategies for Blog Rank on Google Search Engines
- Canva Templates and Brand Kits – Pin, Publish, Post
- Cornerstone Content – The Evergreen, Always Important Key Pages on your Blog or Website
- Email Marketing With Convert Kit
- Facebook Debugger – How To Get Facebook To Share The Updated Image
- Favicon: How To Create a Site Icon For Your Blog and Brand
- Ghostwriter For Hire
- How do headings work?
- How to adjust the post/page layout
- How To Blog About The Niche: CrossFit
- How To Change the Text Size and Text Color On a WordPress Blog
- How To Get Traffic To A New Blog
- How To Make Money With Your Blog
- How To Remove The Background From a Photo Using Canva