Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well.
Youtube is a popular choice for creators. If you want to learn how to be a YouTuber and grow to become a monetized channel, you can start today.
If you are willing to make yourself a little vulnerable, youtube can bring massive rewards. For bloggers, youtube has proven to be a great way to increase brand awareness, generate traffic to your blog, products, and services, and to make money through methods such as monetization.
This guide will show you how to build, grow, and monetize a Youtube Channel.
Becoming a Youtuber
Hi. I’m Lori Ballen.
I’ve been blogging since AOL first said ‘You’ve Got Mail’. While the blog platforms and processes have changed over the years, the fact that blogging can be a huge benefit to a business is as true as ever.
Some creators have opted to only create a Youtube Channel and skip the traditional blog website altogether. And that works as well for many niches.
Personally, I like to take the omnichannel approach and work to be in more than one place where my customers digest content.
For me, that’s Google Search Engines, Facebook, Youtube, and Pinterest as a primary focus with social channels like Instagram, Twitter, and Linked In as more “supplemental” channels.
I have also experimented with podcasts which I also enjoy.
There is only one of you and so much time in the day. Choose channels where you know you can be disciplined enough to create the content.
Check out tubebuddy, a cool optimization tool for Youtube.
- Decide what your channel will be about. Stay in a niche.
- Create your Channel
- Use Canva to Create your Channel Art
- Decide what equipment you will start with
- Make your Intro Video
- Edit with Camtasia
- Use Tubebuddy to Optimize your Videos
- Publish your video
- Send your video to your friends, family, subscribers that would actually watch it
- Share to your social networks
- Create videos 2+ Times per week
- Be patient, it takes time to grow!
- Watch your analytics to see what’s working
- Make more videos like the ones that are working.
How to Create A Youtube Channel
- Log into Youtube with a Gmail address
- If you click a channel action (like upload), it will prompt you to create a channel
- To create a brand channel, click on the channel list
- Choose to create a new channel or use an existing Brand
- Create a new channel by clicking Create a new channel.
- Fill out the details to name your new channel and verify
- Follow the instructions to add channel managers
Channel Set Up
- Create Your Channel Art [Instructions]
- Set your Channel Icon (Pic) (Instructions)
- Customize Channel Layout (Instructions)
- Create Your Channel Trailer (Instructions)
- Create Your Channel Sections (Instructions)
- What Is Animoto?The Animoto video maker is a powerful tool that is suitable for all ages. It allows users to produce professional videos without being a professional in video marketing. This is great for students, marketers, freelancers, and more. While it is expensive, many will find the price is worth it.
Advanced Channel settings
- Choose Your Country
- Associate a Website With Your Channel [Instructions]
- Set or Change Your Channel Name and Description [Instructions]
- Set Your Channel as not made for kids (Unless it is)
- Add an optional watermark in the Branding section. Keep in mind this may cover up that corner. Be aware of how you create videos and where the watermark is displayed.
- Enable features including those that require phone verification
A Free Chrome Extension
You can access your channel features here. They include the following
- Monetization (You an apply after you have both 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of visitor watch time
- Live Streaming
- Embed Live Stream
- Longer Videos
- Unlisted and Listed Videos
- Custom Thumbnails
- External Annotations
- Super Chat (Must have 1000 subscribers)
- Custom URL
- Content ID Appeals
- Channel Memberships
💡With Renderforest Online Video Maker, you can create as many videos as you want. Not only animations but also intro videos, music visualizations, presentations, and many more. Customize the ready-made designed templates and download the final result in high quality.
Your title can contain up to 100 characters but cuts off after 70 so create accordingly. You’ll want to create a unique title with each video although you can have part of the title repeat if desired.
This area holds up to 5000 characters. It’s a good idea to include a description of the video ( you could even include a partial transcript or a paragraph or two).
Include links, Offers (such as an ebook or guide), affiliate links (and affiliate link disclosure), contact info, social links and so on.
- Public: Everyone can see it, Youtube may offer to viewers
- Unlisted: Only those with a link can see it. It can still be embedded. Won’t be served by Youtube as a suggested video to watch.
- Private: Only people you give permission to can see it. It can’t be embedded in public view. Won’t be served by Youtube as a suggested video to watch.
These are what your VIDEO is about. Check out tubebuddy to research tags based on search volume and competition. These should be changed somewhat with each video.
License (Advanced settings)
Include the standard Youtube License unless you want people to be able to chop up your video and use it in their creative videos.
Choose the closest category that fits your channel. People and Blogs is an acceptable choice if you can’t find one.
Choose the primary language. You can also add various language captions after publishing.
Only use this if you know it is required because it has aired on television.
Optional. Your viewers can help you reach a larger audience by adding title, description, subtitles, and closed captions to your videos. You would need to monitor this closely.
Choose how you would like to monitor comments.
Check User Ratings
Check This Box
You can now allow others to work on your youtube channel by sending an invite.
Here, you can choose default moderators, add users that can have automatically approved comments and hide users from commenting on your Youtube channel.
More Video Tutorials
- How to Block Ads On YoutubeThe good news is that there are a few ways to block ads on YouTube. Check out a few of the top options below.
- How Much Do Youtube Ads Cost?Anyone who is looking to reach a large target market has to use YouTube as a way to reach their audience. At the same time, many people are wondering how much YouTube ads cost. There are several factors to keep in mind.
- How to Build An Empire With Youtube PromotionGaining more views on your youtube channel is very important as it increases brand awareness and can help your videos rank higher on Youtube’s search engine.
- How to Optimize A Youtube Channel (Tubebuddy)
- How to Add a Thumbnail to a Youtube VideoIt’s important to add a thumbnail to a youtube video to increase the click-through rate. When visitors are suggested your video by Youtube, and they don’t click, because the thumbnail isn’t appealing, it can hurt your video ranking.