Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well.
Constant Contact is an email marketing tool that has been designed to target small businesses. They provide a range of features that help organizations reach out to new and existing customers regarding products, services, and opportunities.
If you are looking for an email marketing tool that can assist you in a cost-effective manner, then there are a few points that you should keep in mind about Constant Contact.
Who Should Use Constant Contact?
Constant Contact has a wide array of advanced features; however, it is mainly designed for small businesses. It provides reporting and contact management functions that are intuitive and easy to understand.
Therefore, even if you have no email marketing experience, you can quickly dive into Constant Contact and get started. It is a straightforward program that will guide you every step of the way.
The Features of Constant Contact
Create an Email
With Constant Contact, you have the ability to customize emails according to your brand’s identity, colors, and styles.
You can entire the URL of your website or drag and drop the built-in templates from Constant Contact into the email editor to get started.
As you create an email, Constant Contact will provide you with an array of editing options.
- Inserting images, videos, and social sharing options
- Providing RSVP tags, polls, and donation options
You can even edit the newsletter or tailor the individual elements of each segment of the email, providing you with a customizable email you can send to your customers.
Contact management tools allow you to add contacts either manually or upload them digitally as a file. Constant Contact also provides you with the opportunity to import them from other productivity apps.
If you are already using another email provider and want to move to Constant Contact, the program makes the transition easy. Furthermore, Constant Contact can even help you grow your email list, which is particularly important for small businesses.
Build a sign-up page on your website so that you can collect more email addresses
Add an option where users can send a text message, asking to join your email list
Connect additional apps including Facebook so that you can reach more potential customers
Constant Contact allows you to stay organized by providing you with segments that are based on certain factors. For example, you can sort your subscribers based on whether a user has received, opened, or clicked on your email.
The organizational features of segmentation are similar to other providers in the industry and can help you see when the last time someone opened an email and whether that person has purchased something from your business.
Constant Contact provides basic automation features. These automation features can make it easier for you to manage an email campaign. While the automation features might be limited, they can still save you time as you look for ways to grow your business.
Constant Contact has an array of powerful reporting features that help you see the performance of your emails in real-time. Some of the most important stats that Constant Contact will report include the open rate, the click rate, and the bounce rate of your emails.
All of these can be overlaid on a single graph, allowing you to see how each metric has performed over time. For example, if you see that your send rate has dropped dramatically over time, then Constant Contact will alert you and tell you to figure out why.
These are a few of the main features of Constant Contact.
The Benefits of Using Constant Contact
There are a few main benefits of using Constant Contact. These include:
- The reporting features allow marketing professionals to gather powerful insights into the success of their marketing campaigns
- Constant Contact provides users with the ability to create impressive emails in a short amount of time that have been customized to meet the needs of the business
- The segmentation features in Constant Contact allow users to divide and sort their lists, allowing them to tailor certain actions to individual audiences
- Constant Contact provides an intuitive, easy to understand platform that presents information in a visual way, making it easy for users to see what is working and what isn’t
While Constant Contact does not provide a free trial option, it is still one of the most popular email marketing tools out there, speaking to its effectiveness.
Alternatives to Constant Contact
While Constant Contact is popular, there are a few alternatives.
Connect directly with your audience anywhere using personalized email marketing and webinars. Use prebuilt, beautiful email templates to easily send your emails with GetResponse. Boost your online presence by creating a landing page to generate leads. Sell services and products effectively using sales funnels within GetResponse that easily integrate with payment processors.
SendinBlue is a complete email and SMS marketing tool for businesses. The SendinBlue platform is intuitive and provides excellent tools, including a drag and drop feature, that makes it easy for beginners to craft beautiful marketing emails that boost their conversion rates.
Drip is a powerful email marketing tool meant for enterprise-level organizations in the eCommerce world. It is popular among digital marketers due to its marketing automation features, its personalization tools, and its graphic sales funnels.
Drip is a tool that is meant for advanced marketing professionals.
ConvertKit is a robust email marketing feature that is popular among professional bloggers and digital marketing professionals.
ConvertKit is a powerful tool that allows users to offer content upgrades and incentives along with email signup forms. There are auto-response tools as well that are great for running drip campaigns.
KEAPWith KEAP you can create a repeatable sales process that makes it easy for you to set-up appointments, track leads, and get quotes accepted all from your CRM.
ActiveCampaign Marketing automation provides you with the tools you need to find success with your blog. Lead magnets are one of the top strategies to get more subscribers and build a list. That’s why Active Campaign helps you offer and deliver unlimited lead magnets. A great looking sign-up form gets more people to opt-in. Your forms can trigger automation that sends your contacts the right content right away.
- What Is Constant Contact?Constant Contact is an email marketing tool that has been designed to target small businesses. They provide a range of features that help organizations reach out to new and existing customers.
- Email Marketing SoftwareI’ve used so many email marketing software over the years. I’ve realized that it’s not one size fits all. In fact, I’ve had to make changes based on the business and needs at the time. Take a look at this list of email marketing software and find the one that works for you. Take trials wherever you can.
- How to Create Click-Worthy Subject Lines for Email Marketing CampaignsThe subject line is a critically important element of commercial emails. When you send an email to your subscribers, they’ll probably look at the subject line to decide whether to open it.
- ActiveCampaign vs ConvertKit
- What Is a Drip Email Campaign and How Does It Work For Marketing?Also known as an automated email campaign, a drip campaign is an email marketing tactic that involves automatically sending a series of pre-made emails to subscribers over time.