Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well.
Table of contents
The good news is that there are plenty of options available for people who would like to create a website independently.
Hi there, I’m Lori Ballen.
Content Creator and Coach
I’m a 6-figure blogger, real estate agent, affiliate marketer, trainer, and coach. I share top digital marketing strategies to help bloggers, entrepreneurs, and small businesses grow their brand, website traffic, and database.
An Overview of Wix
Wix is a website builder that provides a wide variety of tools that help people get around the technicalities required to build a website from scratch. Founded in 2006, Wix is one of the most popular platforms today.
The Leader in Website Creation
Choose from over 500 designer-made templates for every business.
With more than 3,000 employees and 160 million registered users, Wix has a powerful customer service and support team as well.
In addition, Wix provides users with access to a drag and drop website builder to help people build their websites in a modular way. Finally, Wix also has hundreds of designer-made templates available that users can customize.
Some of the key advanced features of Wix include:
- Wix provides users with access to artificial design intelligence (ADI), which allows people to create a website automatically by answering a few simple questions
- The Wix Editor is a drag and drop website feature that users can leverage to customize their websites extensively
- Furthermore, there is also a Corvid by Wix editor that is designed for users with more tech experience and want a granular level of control
- Wix can be used to build eCommerce stores, online booking sites, blogs, business websites, and agency portfolios
- Wix provides users with access to domain hosting (the website URL) along with a number of other advanced features such as an application market, analytics, content management systems, and even a logo maker
The premium plan comes with an exceptional customer service and support team along with a help center that has plenty of user guides.
Subscribe and Get Your Free eBook!
I send regular tutorials, ebooks, checklists, guides, and event information.
The Benefits of Wix
- Wix provides users with access to an intuitive drag and drop interface. Therefore, what you see is what you get. The system provides users with full control over how the website is going to be laid out.
- Wix also provides users with access to hundreds of customizable HTML design templates in addition to platforms that are flash-based as well.
- Finally, Wix also uses a self-help guide that allows users to solve their own problems quickly and easily. Furthermore, Wix also has official support channels and a self-help team that people can access at any point in time.
In this manner, Wix has positioned itself as one of the top platforms in the world when it comes to building a website. Even though many people do not like the Wix ads on the free plans, Wix has been used to build hundreds of millions of websites.
Join Over 150M People
Who Trust Wix with Their Website
Explore 100s of templates designed for businesses like yours.
An Overview of Bluehost
Next, it is important to take a closer look at Bluehost. The biggest difference that people need to note is that Bluehost is not meant to be a website builder. Instead, Bluehost is meant to be a hosting services company.
This is a hosted platform that also happens to allow people to create websites through the Weebly site builder. Furthermore, Bluehost also provides people with outstanding content management systems such as WordPress and Joomla, which make it easier for people to create their websites.
Bluehost is a simple, straightforward web hosting company that people can use to upload websites, such as Bluehost. In this manner, Bluehost provides people with a greater degree of freedom to build just about any website they would like.
Bluehost also provides people with a free domain for a year, a free SSL certificate for a year, unlimited bandwidth, marketing credits, and unmetered traffic. These advanced features of Bluehost have made it one of the most popular hosting platforms in the world.
Some of the advanced features of Bluehost include:
- Bluehost provides people with access to the Weebly site builder that comes with their bundled plan, allowing people to create beautiful websites with custom domain names in a short amount of time
- The Weebly platform through Bluehost also provides individuals with access to a drag and drop page builder, complete HTML and CSS control, an integrated eCommerce platform, mobile apps, countless templates, email marketing, SEO tools, blogging, and more
- Bluehost also provides people with access to WordPress and a variety of other website content options
Bluehost offers cost-effective plans that do not include Bluehost ads in addition to providing individuals with a vast array of resources that can be used to create personal blogs and small business websites.
The Benefits of Bluehost
Some of the biggest benefits of Bluehost include:
- Bluehost provides people with access to a variety of hosting plans. This includes shared, VPS, dedicated, and cloud hosting options.
- Bluehost provides people with access to a 24/7 team that is there to help people solve their problems. Bluehost also provides a great self-help platform as well.
- Bluehost also provides individuals with a full refund if they decide to cancel their plan within 30 days. After this, the refund is pro-rated for the time period not used.
Looking at the Differences Between Bluehost and Wix
- Bluehost is a platform that is designed to provide outstanding hosting services that include an unlimited amount of bandwidth, hosting space, and email accounts while boasting robust performance, competitive prices, and exceptional customer support
- Wix is a cloud-based web development platform that is designed to provide users with access to flexibility, straightforward usage, and countless templates that people can use to build websites
- Both Bluehost and Wix provide users with chat ticket, phone, and other forms of live support
- Overall, Bluehost is slightly less expensive than Wix when it comes to a monthly subscription plan
- Bluehost provides unlimited data transfer options while Wix provides people with unlimited data transfer only if they have a premium plan
- Bluehost provides users with access to unlimited data storage while Wix does not
- Bluehost allows people to have an unlimited number of email addresses in addition to the ability to host multiple domains. Wix does not provide the same hosting capabilities as Bluehost.
- The user interface of both Bluehost and Wix is convenient, straightforward, and easy to use.
- While Bluehost does not provide a server uptime guarantee, Wix guarantees that servers are going to be up for more than 99 percent of the time. Both Bluehost and Wix typically boast great server uptimes.
- Bluehost provides users with access to dedicated hosting capabilities while Wix does not.
- Wix provides people with a wide array of templates from which they can choose to build a great website.
- Bluehost provides people with search engine submission tools in addition to $100 in Google advertising credits and $50 in Facebook ad credits. Bluehost also provides people with free listing options in the Yellow Pages.
Choose the Right Hosting and Website Building Option
On the other hand, Wix is meant more to be used as a website building platform but also happens to provide an array of other features that users might also find helpful. It is important for everyone to take a closer look at both Bluehost and Wix before they decide which one is right for them.