Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well.
If you are ready to blog, choosing one of the best blog platforms will be key to your success. Not everyone will have the same needs so choosing the best blog platform for your needs is key. For example, Wix is probably a great choice for those that want an easy place to blog, where WordPress gives you more control, flexibility, and growth abilities.
Need a WordPress Website built for you? Call my brothers Jeff and Paul Helvin at Ballen Brands. 702-917-0755. They can set up any of the Studiopress themes for you, integrate 3rd party applications and analytics, and provide maintenance along the way.
- More websites are built on WordPress
- Flexible Content Management System
- Learning Curve but growth potential is massive
- Change the Design any time by uploading a new theme
- Easily turn your WordPress Website into an eCommerce Store
- Gutenberg Editor makes editing easy
- Thousands of themes available
- WordPress Plugins add functionality and there are thousands to choose from.
- Basic seo elements built-in with the ability to add advanced SEO Plugins such as All in One SEO
- Powerful Blog Features
- To build and grow, you’ll need some technical knowledge and be willing to learn as you go.
- Open Source Software with forums
- The platform is free with your hosting service (like WP Engine or Bluehost)
- Limitless Customization
- Backups are usually stored with the host
- Mobile Responsive Themes
- Full Width Options with most Themes
Where To Get WordPress
- Easy to Use and Flexible
- Hundreds of Templates to Choose From
- Sell Products Easily
- Drag and Drop Editor
- Basic seo Options and SEO Wizard
- Limited Blog Editor
- App Market with more than 250 add ons to enhance your website
- Forums, Articles, Tutorials
- Inexpensive and prices increase with features
- Hard to break and no technical skills required
- Backup and Restore Feature
- Limited customization for seo Features such as meta description and meta titles
- Mobile Editor
- Digital Design Assistant
Create Your Own Website with Wix‘s Tools and be blown away by the Outcome! Begin with a Designer-Made Template & take advantage of the Drag & Drop Tools to Design as You Go. 100s of templates. 24/7 support center. 1000s of free images. Get Wix Here.
- Basic website for simple websites
- Good for small, simple websites
- Attractive designs
- Grid System to snap in design elements
- Changes are published live as you create them
- Auto-generated titles and other seo Limitations
- Multi-Author Blog
- Podcasting Feature
- Content Blocks
- Intuitive Restaurant Menu
- Focal Point Cropping
- XML Sitemaps
- Mobile Responsive Designs
- Mobile Editor
- Digital Design Assistant
Weebly is an easy to use website thata is great for bloggers that just want to get up and go quickly. Weebly’s free website builder makes it simple to design a website, blog, or online store. Find customizable templates, domains, and easy-to-use tools for your Weebly Website.
- Mobile Responsive Templates
- Drag and Drop Blog Editor
- Publishing made easy
- Add Apps to create more functionality
- Turn your Website into an eCommerce Store to “Sell Stuff”
- Full-Width Page Editor
- Create Photo Galleries
- Create Slideshows
- Custom Domain Names
- seo Tools
- Form Builder
- Embed Videos
- Email Marketing
- Thinkific vs. Teachable vs. Kajabi vs. Ontraport
- What I Learned Selling $300,000 In Online Courses My First YearI never set out to create and sell courses. It happened organically. As the online courses began to grow, I was thrilled to hit the $300,000 in sales number my first year. In this article, I’ll share my personal experiences, what worked for me (and didn’t), and what I learned on the journey.
- Blogger’s Income ReportWhile sharing income makes one very vulnerable, I am a teacher first above all other things. I’m passionate about sharing what works so that people can adopt and follow a model that works for them. Here is my blogger’s Income Report for August 2020.
- 9 Super Simple Ways to Make Your Blog Posts More ReadableBuilding a successful blog requires more than just publishing high-quality content. While relevant and in-depth content is essential, it’s only useful if visitors can easily read it.
- 15 Content Marketing Tools For Every BloggerHere are some tools to guide you through your content creation and marketing process, from coming up with ideas for distributing your message to your target audience.
- WordPress Posts vs. Pages: What’s the Difference?WordPress treats posts and pages differently, so you must learn their respective mechanics to determine when to use them.
- Blogger vs. WordPress
- Refined WordPress Theme Set Up – Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle Blog
- The ABCs of WordPress: 10 WordPress Terms You Need to Know
- 53 Blog Ideas For the College BloggerThese blog ideas are perfect for the college blogger. Whether you are earning an income with ads on your blog, affiliate marketing, or are building a blog for a school program, this list is sure to win!
- The QuillIn 1850, the fountain pen’s function had improved substantially. The quill gave way and with it went the romance of putting ink to paper.
- Cornerstone Content Important Key Pages on your Blog or WebsiteCornerstone content is the article on your website that you want to show off the most. They are your pride and joy, so to speak. These pieces reflect what your business has to offer customers. They highlight your mission and what it is that you want to do or how you can help others.
- 10 Steps to Creating and Self-Publishing Your First eBookBefore you think self-publishing is an easy way to make money online, you need to be aware of all the steps involved to create, self-publish, and promote your eBook.
- WordPress Gutenberg
- Ghostwriter For HireWant to grow your online brand and improve your status as an industry expert? Are you looking for innovative, low-cost ways to promote yourself as a leading expert online? You need a great blog, sometimes supported by a great ghostwriter for hire.