Nearly 2 million people have chosen to monetize their blog with Google AdSense. With Google AdSense, advertisers bid on your ad space in an auction that functions in real-time.
Google AdSense is one of the easier ways to monetize your website although many will suggest generating enough traffic that you can work with more premium advertisers like Ezoic.
MACHINE LEARNING FOR PUBLISHERS
Whatever your goals are—increase revenue, balance UX, improve site speed, streamline growth—accomplish them with Ezoic.
Setting Up Your Account
It’s probable that you will need a decent amount of content on your blog first before Google will approve you for an account.
- Accounts are only available for those that are aged 18 and up.
- You will need to earn $10 to link your bank account.
- A Gmail is required
- You are the publisher and the person or company paying for ad space is the advertiser.
To apply, Visit https://www.google.com/adsense and start.
Terms of Service
- Terms are local so it’s important to study up for your area.
- Publishers may not click their own ads.
- You may only have one account
- A publisher may not encourage others to click on their ads.
- Ads may not be placed on prohibited types of content.
- Ads may not be placed on material with copyright infringements. Google says “If we receive a notice or otherwise have reason to believe that your page is infringing, we may terminate your participation in the program”
- Publishers must comply with Google’s Landing Page Guidelines.
- AdSense code is not allowed to be placed in pop-ups, emails, or software
- You must not in any way use the Google name, logos, or design to imply you are google.
- Ads may not be placed on pages without content such as log in or thank you pages
- All issues must be taken up with Google and never with an advertiser
- There are many more. Read up and know your terms.
Set Up Auto Ads
The easiest way to get started with adsense is by setting up auto ads. Googld AdSense provides you with a code that you will place in your <head> tag on your website. If you are using WordPress, this can be done with a plugin or you can add a header/footer plugin that allows you to add these codes.
You can access the code implementation guide here.
You can choose global settings to apply to all of your websites and also change for each by setting up URL groups.
You’ll choose the types of ads you want to run on your websites.
- Text and Display Ads
- In-Feed Ads
- In-Article Ads
- Matched Content Ads
- Overlay Ads: Anchor and Vignette
Choose from 3 Types of Ads
Display ads offer various sizes and shapes.
- Leaderboard (728×90)
- Banner (468×60)
- Skyscraper (120×600)
Text Ads consist of only text and feature a clickable title, a couple of lines of text and the website address.
- Text and Display
- Run inside a list o some sort: products, services, news, articles
- They match your content although the ads are still marked as ads
- Only function on mobile
- Run between paragraphs
- Match your content
Matched Content Ads
- Injects recommended content into yours that AdSense believes would be related and valuable.
- Only shows on mobile
- Mobile Only
- Attach to the edge of the visitor’s screen
- Can be closed or “dismissed” by the user
- Mobile Only
- Full Screen Ads
- Can be skipped by the user
- Appear on exit rather than arrival
CPC and CPM
CPC stands for cost per click. The advertiser pays each time their ad is clicked.
CPM stands for Cost per 1000 impressions. This is the price the advertiser is willing to pay for 1000 times the ad is shown. In Google AdSense performance reporting, however, the term is called RPM which means revenue per 1000 impressions.
RPM is an ad-sense only phrase where CPM is a standard metric in advertising. RPM reports your impression based revenue in AdSense reports.
New Ad Types
CPE stands for Cost Per Engagement and are commonly seen with Video.
CPM stands for Cost per 1000 Viewable Impressions. Viewable means at least 50% of the ad appeared on screen for at least 1 second.
Link your Adsense account with your Google Analytics account under Account, then Access and Authorize.
If for any reason you have more than one analytics account, you will need to make the other one a user in able to manage adsense.
If you violate a policy, Google will send you a notice. You can find a list of your violations under the Account section.
Otherwise, you will see that you have no violations.
- Your youtube earnings metrics will be in your Youtube dashboard rather than your AdSense reports.
How Much Money Can I Make With Adsense?
The results are going to vary from one website to another. People say that you make around $1.00 for every ad impression. So that would depend then on the ad types and placements and then traffic. Other factors would include your niche, click-through-rates, and geography as well.
You will see people making pennies a day to others quoting $100 per day and other much more.